Thursday, August 12, 2010

God and gays

My partner and I met in a most, unusual way. I won't go into exactly how we met but suffice it to say that we met online and it is somewhat surprising that we met at all. When we first met we really weren't interested in each other and neither of us was interested in being in a relationship at all. Somehow we wound up meeting offline, in person, and somehow we wound up falling in love.

Somehow we figured out that we were pretty much perfect for each other. Somehow we wound up having all of this happen a few months before 2 of my good friends, who also became good friends of my partner, got married and invited us to their wedding. The wedding where we met the man who married them. This will become important a little later on.

Somehow Prop 8 in California passed the same night that Barrack Obama was elected President of the United States. Somehow my partner and I wound up helping to organize, in less than a week, one of the largest gay-rights protests in the history of Tennessee in response to the passage of Prop 8.

Somehow My partner and I wound up being able to buy a home and build a wonderful life together that included planning a vacation in San Francisco. Somehow this vacation wound up being just a couple of weeks after Judge Vaughn Walker ruled that Prop 8 was unconstitutional. A week later Judge Walker decided that the temporary stay he had issued should be lifted on August 18th, 2010, the day after we are to arrive in San Francisco for our vacation. San Francisco which is a short drive from Santa Cruz where the minister who performed my friend's wedding lives.

So we met, "by chance", we organized a protest of Prop 8 and now "by chance" we are going to be in California on the day Prop 8 is revoked and all people in California can marry the persons they love. "By Chance" we know a minister who lives near San Francisco who will be willing to marry to gay, punk, men.

"Chance"? I think none of this was really chance, and if you think God hates fags, well I think he brought me and my partner together and arranged for things to work out perfectly for us to get married (barring an emergency stay being granted to same sex marriage opponents). Yep, God loves fags, I have no doubt about that after experiencing my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment