Saturday, July 20, 2013

Back to writing?

Some of you may be shocked to see a new blog post from me, after all I have not posted for quite a while. That is all about to change and in the next few weeks I plan on returning to blogging on a regular basis. I apologize in advance.

So why have I not been posting? The biggest reason has been a lack of time. Until very recently I have been working so much that I just didn't have the time or energy to devote to writing. Now I will have the time, and hopefully the energy to get back to it.

So why am I starting back now? The past few weeks have been pretty momentous for me and the next few weeks will continue this trend. In the last month I have quit my job, sold my car, and my father passed away. In the near future I will be moving into a new apartment and looking for new employment, in a city I have never set foot in, which happens to be in a country I have never visited, on a continent I have never seen. You see my husband and myself are moving to a city in the Southern Netherlands where he will be finishing his PhD and I will be finding out how well some of my progressive political beliefs stand up to a real world test. I support marriage equality, universal health care, regulations that protect workers, greater income equality, and the ability for individuals to have control over their own bodies. Now I will be living in a country where these concepts are the law instead of being considered somewhat fringe beliefs as some of them are in the US. This should be an interesting test.

So stay tuned and see how things play out for me, I'm quite interested in finding out myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment