Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Why you should write me in...

Tennesseans are not faced with a choice in the US Senate election. Bob Corker will win, there is no doubt about it. Corker's Democratic challenger, who the Tennessee Democratic Party doesn't even support, Mark Clayton can't win and I doubt there are many people who would want him to represent them in the Senate. So how should you respond to this lack of choice? By writing my name, Ernest George Oeser IV, in on your ballot. It is easy to do and there are good reasons for doing so.

If you, like me, believe that the idea of "limited government" should include government's influence over our bodies and personal relationships as much as government's influence over our wallets, then say so by voting for me. If you believe that we can fix our economy by looking at how we have fixed our economy in the past, by spurring demand, instead of our representatives simply acting based on ideology and political self interest then vote for me. If you think we should "take our country back" to a time when compromise wasn't a dirty word in politics and our government could actually get things done, then vote for me. If you are more of a pragmatist than strictly a liberal or a conservative, then vote for me.

I can't win this election, plain and simple. But we can all use our votes to make a statement to our elected officials. Things aren't working and we demand that they change the way they are doing things. I can't change things, but your vote can help to get the change we need started.

So write my name in, Ernest George Oeser IV, ask your friends and family to do so as well, lets use our votes in the Tennessee US Senate race to send a loud and clear message. Our elected officials need to work for us, not for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment